CAREER ORIENTED DIPLOMA COURSES (VOCATIONAL): The University Grants Commission has sanctioned several Job Oriented Courses for various levels of pupils and employed persons of greater Gohpur area. The Courses are: 1) Fashion Designing (Self Financing) 2) Certificate Course in Tea Farming and Management. 3) Certificate Course in Performing Arts. The objective of these career and market-oriented, skill enhancing courses is to prepare them for jobs, self-employment and empowerment of the students. It is desired that every student of B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. courses opt for atleast one of those courses so that, at the end of three years, they may be equipped with a certificate/diploma along with a conventional degree in Science/Arts/Commerce.
COMPUTER COURSE: In view of IT revolution engulfing the world, the need of computer education along with a regular course has become a necessity. Chaiduar College possesses a full fledged computer centre with the kind assistance of GNRC, Guwahati to spread IT wave among the students. The computer centre is equipped with LAN and Broad band internet connectivity. The centre remains open from 10 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. except Sunday and Govt. Holidays.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LAB: Following the recommendations of the NAAC Peer team and the importance of the English language speaking, a well equipped language lab with all the computerized facilities is started in the college premises. The minimum course fees is Rs.500/-
DIGITAL CLASS ROOM FACILITY: The College provides digital class room well equipped with all the audio-visual aids to make teaching-learning more effective and student friendly.
INSTITUTIONAL BIO-TECH HUB: As part of its innovative programme, the college opens up the Bio-Tech Hub to accelerate research works in the field of Bio-Technology. With financial assistance from the Department of Bio-Technology, Govt. of India, the hub is run under the supervision of Dr. Ajit Hazarika, Deptt. of Zoology.
CORRESPONDENCE SCHOOL: The college has a Centre for Post-Graduate Correspondence Course to provide the different Post Graduate degree under Gauhati University. The school is recognized by Gauhati University. Graduates with relevant subjects in TDC level may apply for Post-Graduate courses from the centre.
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNVIERSITY (IGNOU) CENTRE: A special study centre of IGNOU in the college offering Job Oriented courses like CRD, CTE, DTS, DCE, MSO, MPS is presently available.
CONVERGENCE SCHEME OF IGNOU AS A PARTNER INSTITUTE: Besides offering the traditional courses, the college has been running some selected job-oriented knowledge based courses implemented by IGNOU as Partner Institute. Some of the courses are as follows:
M.A., B.A. (Tourism Studies), BCA, B.Com., PG diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication, Diploma in Creative Writing in English, Diploma in Tourism Studies, Certificate in Environmental Studies, Certificate in Food and Nutrition, Certificate in Sericulture, Certificate in Rural Development, Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics, Certificate in Functional English (Basic level), Certificate Programme in Motorcycle Service and Repairing, Bachelor of Social Works, Diploma in Youth Development, Certificate course in Lab. Techniques.
KRISHNA KANTA HENDIQUE STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY (KKHSOU): Courses available are B.A., B.Com., BBA, BMC, BCA and BPP
INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE AND OPEN LEARNING PROGRAMME (IDOL): It is observed that most of the students do not get admission owing to limited intake capacity in the college. As such they face difficulty in pursuing degree course. Keeping this under consideration, the Academic Council Standing Committee, Gauhati University introduces B.A./ B.Com.(General Course) under distance mode through IDOL from this Academic Session.
Students can have access to subjects like MIL(Assamese, Bodo, Nepali, Alt. English), English, Pol. Science, Education, Economics and History under this mode. The syllabus and curriculum will be the same as those for the regular courses of Gauhati University. The course fees (Study materials, counseling and assignment) shall be Rs.2000/- for B.A. and Rs.2500/- for B.Com. per annum excluding the examination and registration fees.
UGC-SPONSORED INNOVATIVE PROGRAMME: A one year PG diploma in entrepreneurship and self-employment is started with a view to helping alleviation of unemployed graduates in the locality from the session 2012-13.
REMEDIAL COURSES: Remedial classes are conducted for needy and backward students in H.S. (Science) and Degree courses.
WELFARE SCHEMES FOR STUDENTS
1. The college offers financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students..
2. Free studentship is offered for needy and meritorious students by the college authority.
3. Chaiduar College Students Union also offers financial assistance to the poor & needy students.
4. Chaiduar College Teachers' Unit offers financial support to meritorious but poor pupils.
5. To facilitate better learning for the meritorious students, Incentive Cards are issued enabling them to get access to extra two books and one month course either in language lab or computer free of cost.
6. Purabi Dutta Boruah memorial award is presented every year to the best graduate of the college.
7. The college authority introduces special award scheme to the best library user and outstanding co-curricular activities.
8. Rewati Mohon Hazarika merit-cum-means scholarship to HS-I & HS-II (Sci.) students.
9. Incentive Card for students securing Grade 8 or more than that in each of the Semesters at Degree level and also for students getting 80% marks at the Higher Secondary level.
10. In memory of Late Leena Hazarika, wife of K.C.Hazarika and mother of Satarupa Hazarika Dutta, an award of Rs.2000/- will be conferred to the best graduate from the college.